Tuesday, October 8, 2013

War of the Worlds

This was a very interesting broadcast. When it was first aired over the radio, it started a panic for people who did not understand that it was just a story being told or for those who may have tuned in late. And I can see why they may have felt that way. While I was listening to the recording, I was working on some homework. At times, I was not quite paying attention so I would forget that I was listening to a story and not what it actually sounded like which was reporters talking about what they were seeing. After a second I would remember but it definitely shows how well the story telling was from Orson Welles. It was also good that there was no video to go along with because a video would have made it very easy to tell that it was fake. It shows how prevalent the radio was back then when that was the type of show that was on and the quality of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment